Ranked a Top 25 Canadian Book Blog
Twitter: @DCYakabuski
Facebook: Doreen Yakabuski
Instagram: doreenyakabuski
Threads: doreenyakabuski

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Bredevoort, The Netherlands - A Book Town

My husband and I recently spent three weeks in Europe.  On the first day of our travels, I posted about book towns:  https://schatjesshelves.blogspot.ca/2017/05/book-towns.html.

As it turned out, we were able to visit one of those book towns in The Netherlands:  Bredevoort

Bredevoort has a population of about 1,600 but has about 20 second-hand/antiquarian book shops.  Every third Saturday of the month a specialized book market takes place on ‘t Zand, a large square with tall trees.

I thought I’d share some of my photos of the town.  There are book stands on virtually every corner.









Reading will set you free?

No comments:

Post a Comment