Ranked a Top 25 Canadian Book Blog
Twitter: @DCYakabuski
Facebook: Doreen Yakabuski
Instagram: doreenyakabuski
Threads: doreenyakabuski

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Interlinked Short-Story Collections

Yesterday, I wrote about short stories which I tend to read between novels.  That blog entry got me thinking about interlinked short stories that can be read as a novel.  Probably the first examples of this genre I ever read are The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer and The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio. 


Here are a half dozen novel-in-stories books I would recommend:
Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad
Dubliners by James Joyce
The Beggar Maid by Alice Munro
Olive Ketteridge and Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout

No comments:

Post a Comment